LommOerlikon Eldim (Netherlands) B.V. is active in the aircraft industry. “Because we manufacture parts for aircraft engine turbines, we are subjected to strict quality standards.” According to the HR manager, the employability monitor helps Oerlikon to capture the competencies, skills and training of the employees. “During client audits we will be tested on these aspects. We must ensure that employees who work on the products are certified to do so.”
In addition to this client aspect at Oerikon Eldim, the business philosophy is to work with self-governing teams. Besides the responsibility of high quality output within the time limit and costs, these teams are independently responsible for their own cell. “This philosophy fits a team-assessment in which the 360° feedback from colleagues, executives and internal clients, is part of the assessment regarding the competencies of our employees.” With the new feedback module in the employability monitor this is very easy. Through this module, colleagues and employees could be invited to provide each other with feedback. This will be done according to 360 or 180 degrees feedback. From the competency library, available within the employability monitor, this 360 or 180 degree feedback is further shaped in a transparent and objective way.
BarneveldMore information soon.
GorinchemSupply Chain has more and more challenges: a higher purchasing component, offshore production, impact of innovation and more. This also means that the competencies of the employees must evolve constantly. It is the learning organization in practice and the tool helps to guide this.
DelftPrysmian in Delft has implemented the employability monitor in 2014. “Our initial wish was to gain insight into the certifications and training of our operators, all clearly placed in a central location.
RotterdamImtech Marine has been working with complex Excel sheets for a while to keep the competences of their technical skilled staff orderly, but they couldn’t do much more with this information. Imtech Marine now works with the employability monitor in several countries and successfully uses it for the following;
– Keep the competence level of the engineers clear and orderly per location/country.
– Show the service department which engineer is competent for specific / requested equipment through fast reporting and search functions. This results in a higher level of service towards customers;
– Through in time system notifications, ensuring that the engineer’s required certifications remain up-to-date, plus knowing when someone’s training / certification expires;
– Reporting the level of competence, which results in insight into where and in which area Imtech Marine shortens of competence.
– By allowing engineers to assess themselves per competence and comparing them with the assessment of their executives, a realistic view of the engineers, their knowledge, strengths and weaknesses is created.
Etten-LeurNational Oilwell Varco implemented the employability monitor in 2012 with the aim to gain clear reports about general knowledge, skills, training and certification with the corresponding standard and required FTE’s. Before, this was not available in one clear overview or system. By now, the employability monitor has been deployed organizationally and, in addition to the reporting capabilities, is also used for monitoring and controlling sustainable (multi) employability and quality assurance.